Uninsured Medical Care in Newmarket – Vital Care Medical
Not all medical services are covered by OHIP and this means patients must pay for some services. This is a standard practise across Ontario. For example, sometimes doctor’s notes are required for school, camps, legal reasons, and sometimes for employment. There is a $15.00 fee for this type of note.
Uninsured Medical Services
At Vital Care Medical clinic, we are happy to offer the convenience of providing you with medical services not covered by OHIP. We provide the following services to our patients:
- A 15 minute medical visit without a valid health card is $50.00.
- A 30 minute medical visit without a valid health card is $90.00.
- Missed appointments are charged at $50.00.
- Injection vaccinations, costs are variable.
- Injection fee for travel is $15.00.
- Wart treatment (other than plantar warts- OHIP covered) is $15.00 per treatment area.
- We also remove moles and remove benign skin lesions with cryotherapy; the cost is $10.00 per lesion
- If you require a back to work note or a sick note the fee is $15.00.
- TB skin tests for employment or for school cost $20.00 per injection and $20.00 per read.
- Should you need a drivers medical examination, this will cost $120.00.
- If you require an employment fitness form, this will cost $30.00.
- If you require a travel cancellation form to be filled, the fee is $35.00.
- Insurance disability certificate form, fee is $200.00.
- Attending physician’s statement form, fee is $130.00.
- Citizen and immigration medical report, fee is $130.00.
- Revenue Canada, federal disability tax credit, fee is $40.00.
- CPP disability medical report form, fee is $85.00.
- CPP narrative medical report, fee is $125.00.
- Fax prescription is $15.00.
- Transfer of medical records, fee is variable.
While OHIP does cover a wide range of medical services, there are many services that simply are not covered and that you will have to pay for on your own. At Vital Care Medical, we offer many of these non-insured services so that you can get the treatment you need, when you need it. Contact us today for more information!